Sunday, May 20, 2007

Busy week

A quick recap:

Thursday, I took the day off work and went with some friends to an afternoon game at RFK. Saw the Nats beat the Braves. Good game. Nats were behind, but came back thanks to crafty managing, timely hitting and good pitching.

After the game, I hung around in D.C. and waited for C to come in and join me for dinner. Then we went to a concert -- the band is Son Volt, one that I particularly like. The band was good, but we didn't stay for the whole show. Just too late for somebody who has to be up and blogging at 6 a.m. Fun nonetheless.

E had been visiting Thomas and his father down on the eastern shore of Va. They came back here Sat. and this morning flew to Puerto Rico to visit his mother. It's our birthday present to her.

M and Sarah have been hanging around here all day -- except for the three or four hours while he was working. She hung out here without him.

Saturday night, we were back in D.C. for the 50th birthday party of a friend from work. Saw a few folks we hadn't seen in years.

Pretty wild week for us.

Looking ahead: I'm putting for Blake to win American Idol.

No comments: