If I've done this right, this should be the first in a series of eight photos from my weekend in W. Va. I went alone because C had things to do, as did the kids. We wanted one of us to get up there to check on the house. Temporary repairs seem to have fixed our problems at least for now. The state told me last week that legal action is underway on the long-term issues.
The weekend's highlight, for me, was renting this bike Saturday morning.
I took it into Blackwater Falls State Park, and for the most part kept to the paved roads. But I did get onto some gravel and some relatively modest trails at a couple points, just for fun. I highly recommend it.
Also Saturday, I did a little hiking around the park, as you'll see in photos that follow in the next seven postings. Then today (Sunday), I stopped at Seneca Rocks, W.Va., and did a mildly strenuous hike up a path to an observation deck about 1,000 feet above.
The rest of my weekend mostly involved reading, watching the Tour de France on OLN (which we don't get at home) and playing guitar.
This afternoon, after I got back, C and I celebrated our 24th wedding anniversary by going to a restaurant we like. (I got her a shirt and some braclets in W. Va.). She'd also bought the gift for "both" of us that I'd also thought we should get: a guidebook to Italy, which we hope to visit in the fall.
Anyway, read on until you get to the posting that shows a very sweaty me at the Seneca Rocks observation deck. Remember, you can click on the photos to make them larger or click on the "more of my photos" link to the right to see them at flickr.com.

1 comment:
Great series of photos! You could use that in an advertisement for the house.
Rock climbing... alone...
And happy anniversary. I always associate your wedding with our move down here. Our life in Maryland matches the span of your married life almost exactly--a few weeks give or take.
Post a Comment