
Another hot weekend, but I was still able to go on the longest bike ride I've been on in a long time today. The sweaty wrist you see is mine. The little GPS gadget's distance calculator reads 20 miles. I did it on the W&OD bike trail, which runs from D.C. all the way past Leesburg. The part I did was from near Dulles to Leesburg and back. A very nice ride. Some long, gradual rises but nothing too tough. Lots and lots of bikers even though it was at least 90 degrees.
I was able to do it in part because I've put a bike carrier on the back of the CRV (which you can see a bit of in the background, above my wrist). Now if we want to take C's bike to the mountains (where I would rent one because mine isn't good for rough riding, while her's is OK for that) we can.
In other news, M is finishing up his last gig at Potbelly's. He's decided he will need his Saturday and Sunday afternoons free for other things soon, so he's going to look elsewhere for gigs. 4:45 PM UPDATE - BREAKING NEWS: M NOW SAYS HE'S GOING TO CONTINUE PLAYING AT POTBELLY'S ON SUNDAYS. He's also leaving Target in a week and a half or so to take a waiter's job at the local Macaroni Grill (which, as some of you know, is his favorite restaurant). He thinks that will fit in better with his schedule once school starts.
E is still working at the Five Below store, but has an interview this week with the Pacific Sun store in the mall. It's one of the places she's wanted to work because she likes their clothes.
In home-related news, we had the carpeting pulled up in our bedroom and the upstairs hall this week. It's been replaced by hardwood. Looks pretty good and should be much easier to keep clean than the carpet.
C's parents are planning to come down to visit next weekend.
Hope everybody's back from the ocean safe and sound.
2 comments:
Yeah for Matt! Being a waiter at Macaroni Grill will be good training, and hopefully good tips. I'm way out of things. I hadn't heard of Pacific Sun.
This blog is more dependable than sibling #5 about actually publishing. Not that I'm keeping track :)
Hey! How about sibling number 3 trying her hand at blogging? And I think Matt has upgraded his jobs. Does he get to bring food home - or at least get a discount?
Post a Comment