Sunday, September 10, 2006

Running on empty?

Participated in my first race in a long time this morning, an 8K held just a couple miles from our house. It was a lot of fun. Beautiful day, nice course, probably 1,000 - 1,500 people. I started from the back, kept a slow and steady pace and reeled in the less experienced folks. Finished in just under 47 minutes. Felt good the whole way, but was glad it wasn't a 10K.

E stayed at Shepherd again this weekend, which we figure means she must be having some fun. She reports the schoolwork is going "fine." After much switching around of his classes and some worries about whether he'd find a final course to give him enough credits to remain a "full-time" student, her brother came through and got things solved.

C and I went to a little Indian restaurant we really like for dinner. That was after I listened to the Bills game on my satellite radio. Too bad they couldn't hold on and win, but it sounded like a pretty good game.

Hope all remains well in LV and that the travelers have gotten where they're going safely.

No comments: