We got out and around a little today, as you can see. Took the tube down to Westminster and walked across the river to the London Eye (the huge ferris wheel). But the lines there were long and the wait would have been horrible, so we moved on. I did get this good photo of C, though.
Back across the other side of the river, we escaped some rain by going into Westminster Abbey. Spent the better part of two hours there. I remembered some of it from previous visits, but it was still a surprise to see just who is buried and memorialized there.
Earlier in the day, I went back to Picadilly Circus -- where we spent a couple hours last night so that I could talk to Potter fans waiting for the book. I needed to go back to actually get a copy of the book for C. After doing that, I spent 45 minutes or so walking around. Did something of a circle down to Trafalgar Square and back before heading to the hotel.
Later today, we're planning to have dinner with USA TODAY's reporter here and his wife. I've known him for quite a while. Should be fun.
Tomorrow, our plane for Edinburgh doesn't leave Heathrow until 12:50 p.m. So we shouldn't have to rush in the morning, which is nice.
No comments:
Post a Comment