C and E are in Tampa, visiting C's parents. But they won't be coming back with any tans. It seems the area got about 15 inches - yes, 15 inches - of rain in the past day or so. They got there after midnight Thursday/Friday (because of a delay coming out of Dulles) and have been getting rained on most of the past two days.
But, they report they've been having fun playing cards. E is up about 75 cents at this time. They're due back Sun. afternoon.
M and I played some guitar this afternoon. Then he had to work at a matinee performance of the play at George Mason. He came home for dinner, then back for the evening show. I managed to get the grocery shopping done, some laundry and a good workout today as well.
Fenix seems depressed by C's absence.
Many of the staff from USA Today went to the funeral of a colleague's daughter Friday morning. Very nice service. Very celebratory of her life. But obviously also sad.
Next weekend I'll be in W. Va. if all goes well and on Monday the 13th will be part of a panel at W. Va. Univ., talking about the media's coverage of the mine disaster. Should be interesting. The university says C-Span will be there, as I think I've already said. But still no word on whether it will be shown live or at some other time on tape.
No comments:
Post a Comment